Welcome to 7th Ashford Scout Group
Below is all the information you and your child need to know for joining our Group. Please do read before your child starts along with the parent guide for the relevant section; Beavers, Cubs and Scouts.
When you come to your first meeting, please print out and bring with you the completed forms below:
- Young Person Information Form
- Gift Aid declaration form
- Subscriptions standing order form – please give this form to your bank or alternatively you can set-up the subscription payments online
When do our sections meet?
All of our sections are open to boys and girls, of all faiths and backgrounds. Each section normally meets once per week during the school term, and at our HQ, Dunfold Hall. Our sections meet on:
- Beavers (6 to 8 years): Wednesday, 6.30 – 7.30pm
- Cubs (8 to 10 1/2 years): Tuesday, 7.00 – 8.30pm
- Scouts (10 1/2 to 14 years): Friday, 7.30 – 9.30 pm
What to wear – uniform?
Your Section Leader will inform you when your child is to be invested so that you can purchase a uniform in readiness. The uniform is different for each section:
- Beavers: turquoise sweatshirt, and navy blue activity trousers and/or shorts or alternatively wear smart school trousers
- Cubs: dark green sweatshirt, and navy blue activity trousers and/or shorts or alternatively wear smart school trousers
- Scouts: dark green long sleeved shirt, navy blue activity trousers and/or shorts, and leather Scout belt and buckle
All members of the Group wear the Group scarf which is presented along with a woggle when your child is first invested. All uniform badges are provided by the Group as well.
Working with Thames Stitch, we have available for sale 7th Ashford branded polo shirts, hoodies, baseball caps and beanie hats for children and adults. To view our online shop click here where you can place your orders directly. Samples of the merchandise is available at the hut in the hallway.
What are the costs?
Each young person pays a monthly subscription to be a member of the Group. The subscription are payable £15 a month paid by standing order. To set-up please use the following account details and your child’s name for the reference to arrange online or you can fill in the form and hand to your bank:
- Bank account: 7th Ashford Scout Group
- Bank account no: 01761707
- Sort code: 30-94-42
Please help us by making your membership subscription go further and Gift Aid it. All you need to do is complete a Gift Aid form and send it back to us. Using Gift Aid means that for every pound you give, we get an extra 25 pence from the Inland Revenue, helping your member subscriptions go further; so £15 can be turned into £18.75. Imagine what a difference this makes to our Group and it doesn’t cost you a thing. For further guidance on Gift Aid click here